Wednesday, August 5, 2015

What's In A Name?

I've struggled all summer about what title to give a new blog that I wanted to start. You see, I'm in a new position within my school district, and I knew that having a blog would be a great way for me to reach out to fellow educators about my experiences. But it seemed that all of the fancy and cute blog names were already taken.

Then, as I was driving to work this morning, with the radio off, it came to me, BLigon's Best.

First of all, I'm not sure why I ever drive with the radio on, because very rarely do I have inspired ideas while driving with the music playing. My best ideas come in a quiet vehicle or while I'm brushing my teeth. But that's probably way more information than you wanted to know about me, especially if this is the first time that we're meeting.

Secondly, BLigon is how I am sometimes referred to at work. Like many work spaces, we use the first name initial along with our last name. Several co-workers just call me Mrs. BLigon (pronounced: blig-in; short "i", not long, am I making this too complicated?).

Finally, the Best part of this blog's name is NOT that it's THE best, but simply, my best. It could be the best part of the day; my best idea; or even the best of what not to do.

I'm excited to see where this blogging journey takes me. I've attempted several times before and just never stuck with it, maybe this time it will.

Offering my BEST to you!
Bethany


What are your best tips and tricks for blogging?
What's one thing that you could suggest to me about maintaining a blog?


Directions for posting a comment:

1) Choose "Comment As" first. If you don't have a Google/Blogger account, you can choose Name/URL and type in your name, then place the web site that best describes you in the URL (i.e. www.ajusd.org). Or, you can choose "Anonymous".

2) You may need to press "Post Comment" more than one time.

It is always wise to copy your comment before pressing "Post Comment" just in case something happens. 

3) Type in the word verification.

4) If you did everything correctly, it will state, "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you do not get that message, please try again. 


5) Many thanks to Tracy Watanabe for these directions to post. 


And thank you for commenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment