Friday, June 9, 2017

#oneword2017 SHIFT


Sometimes it takes me a while to figure stuff out. Sometimes, it takes me way too long to figure stuff out. 

Last year, I chose my #oneword pretty easily - it was THRIVE. You can read about my thoughts HERE. I didn't stick with it very well, mostly because someone moved my cheese (remember that book?) and I had a difficult time finding it. 

That lost feeling stuck with me into the beginning of 2017. I eventually got over it, but was in a quandary for what word I could use to focus on. Well, just a few weeks ago, as I was reading Shift This! by Joy Kirr, it smacked me upside the head - SHIFT - was my word. It had actually chosen me but I was too caught up in attempting to keep things as they were that I completely missed it.

SHIFT seems appropriate because already in my professional world things have changed and continue to be rearranged. In my personal world there are things that I wish would be different, but for whatever reason, just haven't...yet. 

I found this quote from Kristin Armstrong that seems most appropriate for where I'm at right now:
It's not only moving that creates new starting points. Sometimes all it takes is a subtle shift in perspective, an opening of the mind, an intentional pause and reset, or a new route to start to see new options and new possibilities.  
I look forward to where this word takes me for the last half of 2017. 

No comments:

Post a Comment