Thursday, December 10, 2015

Say What?!? I'm a Finalist?!?

Edublogs has an annual recognition for bloggers in the educational fields. It's to highlight teachers and students who are adventurous enough to post their ideas and learning experiences to the world. Classroom blogging provides students with a worldwide audience that is authentic and tangible. This is the time of year that Edublogs opens its polls for participants to vote on their favorites.

So yesterday morning I went to the site to vote because our district's junior high, Cactus Canyon, has an award winning blog, the Cougar News Blog and I wanted to show my support.  

Out of curiosity, I clicked on the various categories to see if I could recognize any other blogs and to my surprise, I found that my blog had been nominated. 


Photo by @BethanyLigon (March 2015)
Modified by @BethanyLigon (December 2015)

Maybe I'm alone in this, maybe I'm not the only one, but when I started this blog, I had no idea if people would read what I had to say. But I knew that I wanted, maybe needed, a space to share out my ideas. And so every post I have written and will write in the future is composed simply because I want to connect with others. Whether or not we agree is besides the point. I want to challenge you in your thinking just as much as I want to be challenged by your thinking. 

If what you read on this blog resonates with you, you can voice your vote by CLICKING HERE. You can vote once a day from the same IP address until December 16, 2015. 

Thanks so much! 
Offering my BEST to you,
Bethany.

P.S. Thanks to @MeaghanDavis19 for her nomination of this blog. She's a dynamic individual who has amazing thoughts. You can check out her blog: We Make the Weather.


  • How has blogging affected you professionally? Or personally?
  • Has anything that you've read on this blog specifically made you think a little bit differently? How so?


Directions for posting a comment:

1) Choose "Comment As" first. If you don't have a Google/Blogger account, you can choose Name/URL and type in your name, then place the web site that best describes you in the URL (i.e. www.ajusd.org). Or, you can choose "Anonymous".

2) You may need to press "Post Comment" more than one time.

It is always wise to copy your comment before pressing "Post Comment" just in case something happens. 

3) Type in the word verification.

4) If you did everything correctly, it will state, "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you do not get that message, please try again. 


5) Many thanks to Tracy Watanabe for these directions to post. 

And thank you for commenting!



No comments:

Post a Comment